Like many companies, you will definitely make the choice to equip you soon with an automation marketing software. And you are most certainly right! Taking this type of decision will accompany the growth of your business and strongly structure your approach to sales and marketing. Your motivations are many: to save time in the motorization of your event, webinar or online campaigns, to personalize your relationship with your customers and prospects, to better measure the ROI of your marketing actions or to align your marketing and commercial activities.
To reach your best potential, marketing tools will actually be of great help. They will allow you to segment, scorer and address your databases in an efficient and personalized way according to rules that you have defined beforehand. However, in many sectors of activity, automation marketing can do nothing if it is not backed by a successful commercial device. And it goes through … a perfect synchronization between automation marketing and CRM, a true technical translation of the interactions between marketing and sales. Although modern tools interconnect better and better, the project is no less complicated and to the extent that this theme is recurring among our customers and prospects, we dedicate ourselves to itour next webinar: “5 Steps to Mastering CRM Synchronization with Marketing Automation” ! Here is a quick overview of the 5 aspects that we will cover during this online conference:
DEFINE AN EFFECTIVE SPECIFICATION
Automation marketing is capable of almost everything if it is interfaced correctly to CRMbidirectionally. You have to know what you are trying to do! Many companies make the mistake of rushing to purchase tools without mastering many of the key success factors without first creating a favorable environment and ultimately … without planning anything! However, while certain aspects of deployment are iterative, it is nevertheless essential to start on a sound basis and to opt for complete and documented specifications. Also, this document does not need to take the form of a Powerpoint of 100 slides, an Excel file of a dozen tabs well thought out and explicit should do the trick! Think of listing here some fundamental points such as (non exhaustive list):
- The data model: All the properties of your database and the associated variables according to a common repository for automation marketing and CRM
- Life Cycle Management: This parameter is also referred to as the lifecycle stage , ie the life stages of a prospect in both systems and the rules that define them
- The nomenclature rules for the different elements
- The mappings: Here we mean the correspondences of fields between systems and the rules of writing (Who wins in case of synchronization?)
- The rules of synchro or workflows: One thinks here the parameters of sync and the rules of suppression, creation or update of tracks / contacts on either side
- Etc …
Through a number of these elements, it is fundamental that the objectives and the various technical components of your project are well documented to avoid having a real “gas plant”. This is all the more challenging when CRM and commercial databases are not well qualified or business processes rely on little process or standardization.
CONNECTING CRM AND MARKETING AUTOMATION TECHNICALLY
Most of the time, this unavoidable step is not insurmountable. The aim is to create a technological bridge between automation marketing and ensure that the two systems can “talk” to each other to exchange information (contacts, flows …). While there are generally several cases of variable complexity, here are the most frequent:
- CRM current and marketing tool top 5 automation: the simplest! Here the connection is generally native (free) and efficient, rather easy to implement without major additional computer developments.
- Secondary CRM and automation marketing tool current: in this figure, it is possible that no native connection between tools is available. The most robust solution is then to rely on a middleware like Bedrock Data or Scribe Software which embeds most synchronization tools and available from a few hundred dollars a month. On this point, Markentive is a Certified Bedrock Data partner and if you are interested, we can give you special conditions!
- CRM “home” and various automation marketing tool: the least easy to deal with. Connecting your custom CRM to Hubspot is a challenge and the complexity will depend on your technical environment. In some situations, it is sometimes an opportunity to rethink your sales organization and opt for a Salesforce type CRM cloud tool that is easy to interface with many modern tools. If you are very attached to your system, then you will need to develop a custom bidirectional connector using the APIs.
Ready to connect both systems? Ahead for setting up!
SET FIELD MAPPINGS AND SYNCHRONIZATION RULES
These two sets are critical parameters for setting the sync.
- Mapping fields: For accounts, contacts, leads and opportunities, it is important to define a common data model on both sides and to link technically all fields involved in marketing by specifying the strong system.
- Synchronization rules: What happens when you add or remove contacts? In which case is the track created or does the sync take place?
The simpler and clearer the user interface, the easier it will be. Opt for a native sync or a middleware like Bedrock Data! Also remember to update your specifications to keep visibility on the setup in place!
DEFINE ALERTS, NOTIFICATIONS, AND TASKS
If automation marketing and CRM need to communicate easily on objects like accounts, contacts, leads or opportunities, they must also be able to work together on all of the notifications provided by marketing to salespeople. One thinks here of the traditional emails of course, but also to the more finished objects like the tasks or tasks .
LIVE AND UPDATE THE CRM SYNCHRONIZATION – MARKETING AUTOMATION TO GO FURTHER!
As you anticipate that you may have been at the start, there will always be a time when you will need to rethink the settings of your sync. To adjust your field mappings, your synchronization rules, your alerts … to benefit from a simple and agile interface without additional computer development will be of great use to you! It also updates its specifications to document the modifications! 😉
Marketive has accumulated significant experience on many automation marketing tools: Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo, Act-On, Webmecanik … operating in various CRM environments: Salesforce, ZohoCRM, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM, Hubspot CRM, Pipedrive … native or Middlewares-based synchronizations such as Bedrock Data or Scribe Software. Beyond the technical aspects, it is all the organizational management of this type of project that we have had the opportunity to take charge in contexts of primary installation or contexts of migration. Contact us directly to equip you with these tools and do not hesitate to subscribe to our webinar!