As a reminder, the Inbound Marketing methodology is to attract visitors to your site, convert them into contact, then nurture them into customers and ambassadors.
Today we will focus on the second step of this methodology: converting your visitors into leads .
THE LANDING PAGE CONVERSION PROCESS
To do this, you will have to go through a Landing Page . This conversion process involves 3 steps:
- Visitors will first click on a Call-To-Action (CTA) – a button placed on a page of your site or blog, which will drive them onto the corresponding Landing Page.
- They will fill out a form by populating certain contact information to access an offer, and thus become Leads saved in your database.
- After submitting this form, your visitors will be redirected to a Thank You Page which will show them how to download the premium offer (white paper, …).
SOME TIPS FOR WRITING YOUR LANDING PAGE
In order to create effective Landing Pages, they should be thought of as web pages whose goal is to convert visitors into leads . They are like digital salespeople, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
First of all, here are some good practices of writing Landing Pages:
- Write a clear, concise, and “action-oriented” title : explain to visitors what they are going to get and how they will get it
- Explain the offer clearly : place a visual emphasis on what is important, use Fat for example, or colors
- Delete all navigation menus and links: it is very important at this stage to avoid distracting the visitor and getting it out to other pages
- The form must reflect the value of the offer : the number of fields to be filled will depend on the quality of the offer provided
- Include an image, a short video or a coherent animation: the visual elements have more impact than the texts for understanding an offer
HOW TO CREATE YOUR LANDING PAGE ON HUBSPOT?
First, to access the Landing Pages tool on the platform, you must click on the Content >> Landing Pages menu in your navigation bar.
From there, the “Create a new landing page” blue CTA , located at the top right of the screen, will start the work.
After selecting a template and giving it a clear, structured name to facilitate future searches, the creation of Landing Page on Hubspot is divided into two tabs: “Content” and “Settings”.
CONTENT: THE CONTENT OF YOUR LANDING PAGE
It is in this part that the Landing Page will be formatted, and that all information on the proposed offer will be detailed.
- an action-oriented title such as “Download your white paper …”
- a description of what can be obtained by filling out the form,
- a visual of the document (mock-up), or an excerpt of video.
CONFIGURING YOUR FORM
It is now necessary to import the corresponding form, bearing in mind that the number of fields to be filled must reflect the value of the document to be downloaded for the visitor.
By clicking on the form block, a window for setting certain important features appears.