In our previous article, we discussed the value of using electronic signatures to improve the efficiency of the business process . Today, we will be interested in a more technical aspect and identify the different steps necessary to integrate and exploit Pandadoc with the Hubspot platform.
WHY IMPLEMENT THIS INTEGRATION?
- To create, send and follow quotes, proposals or contracts from the Hubspot CRM and attach them to deals, contacts or companies.
- To use the fields (Default or custom) via the addition of tokens.
- In order to follow directly the status of Pandadoc documents from Hubspot.
- To exploit tracking elements from the timeline
THE PREREQUISITES FOR INTEGRATION:
Before starting, you will need to have a Hubspot license with the dirty part (CRM) enabled . You will also have to subscribe to a Pandadoc license and you are technically ready.
STEP 1: CONFIGURE AND CONNECT PANDADOC AND HUBSPOT.
Before fully exploiting the solution, it is indeed necessary to realize the integration (very simple) between the two platforms.
Log in to your Pandadoc instance, click on the “Add-ons Store” in the menu at the bottom left, click on “Integrations” and then search for “Hubspot” using the search module.
Then go to the “Settings” by clicking on the toothed wheel just below the “Add-ons Store”, click on “Integrations”, select “Hubspot” and then “Connect Hubspot Integration”. Once your usernames are filled in, the message “Successful Authentification” should appear.
STEP 2: VERIFY THAT THE INTEGRATION IS FUNCTIONAL FROM HUBSPOT.
If everything is functional, by going to the contact card via the Hubspot CRM, you should have a new insert on the right called “Pandadoc”. This insert should contain two “Create Document” or “Actions” buttons
STEP 3: CREATE A PANDADOC TEMPLATE TO USE IN HUBSPOT.
This step allows the template to be configured correctly in order to make the most of the “Roles” & “Tokens”.
- The “Roles” correspond to the different signature scenarios when sending a document. They make it possible to define which sections to complete and by whom . The various “Roles” are detailed on the site of Pandadoc.
- The “Tokens” are the set of elements completed dynamically. For example, they can automatically change the name of the company, the date or the first name of the contact person. The “Tokens” are also explained on the site of Pandadoc. In addition, the “Tokens” save time by automatically completing the information of your contacts, companies or Hubspot deals in your Pandadoc documents.
To discover a list of exploitable tokens, simply click on “Actions” and “Show Pandadoc Tokens”
Then simply use the tokens specified in this section, directly in your Pandadoc template to exploit them.
Go to your Pandadoc instance, open your template and simply copy tokens IDs. It is essential to keep the tokens in square brackets for them to work . If they are highlighted in yellow and strictly identical to those in your Hubspot instance, everything is in order!
It is obviously possible to create new tokens (customs). Note that if tokens IDs have spaces in Hubspot, they will not be kept in Pandadoc. For information, it is also possible to use Hubspot data in Pandadoc Fields.
STEP 4: STOP THE DOCUMENTS.
Once a document is created and sent to a contact, it appears in the Pandadoc insert of the contact, company or deal.